16.10.13

i turn my camera on. i cut my fingers on the way.

i was on ebay the other day and i stumbled across this gem. a canonet 28. AND it came in the mail today. let's just take a moment to look at this beauty.

troy. my canonet 28. he's older than me, but still going. going strong.


i must say, this is the only good thing that has happened to me all month and it's my birthday month. it's been tiring and i did have a think about just ending everything. just jump out that window maybe. this is going to sound fake and surreal, but i feel like i haven't because i haven't done enough. i have never owned a proper film camera. i have never been to glastonbury. i have never ever felt like i worth something. maybe it's time for me to just look for myself.

i've always thought i know who i am, but i'm not so sure anymore.


what i love about film cameras is that it's irreversible. thoughts have been put into every single frame taken, giving the photo more value. also, the fact that not knowing what is going to turn out is a big attraction. isn't it great to just sit and wait to see what turns out?

but film cameras. i can now die a happy bunny. i am a proud owner of a canonet 28.

by the way, two days till home. yey.

No comments:

Post a Comment